Saturday, October 4, 2008

Going Green

I have been a recycling FANATIC as long as I can remember- I tore the little windows from envelopes so that it could be recycled- I would make trips to the recycling center saving eveything that can be recycled until I had enough to make the trip worthwhile when they did not have curve side pickup. My neighborhood recycles almost everything and my hubby who complained when I signed up for the tiny garbage can notes that it is barely half full with our family of 5 and a cat.- I am so proud. If I can compost even that could be cut back- I am working on that though-

I love Papertrey Ink stampsets because Nichole Heady obviously designs with stampers in mind- I hate coloring in with markers and she separates the images out so we don't have to- LOVE that! The stampsets come in this beautiful boxes and you know I cannot stand to waste anything! so I've "repurposed" it for a gift I want to give to a class mom for Tyler's class- Grace is incredibly sweet and she's a avid knitter- so I made a box wrap with 18" cardstock cut into 2 inch strips- used stampin' up wheel -watercolor joy- my favorite! - in pretty in pink- I made
up some Handmade by Lynda Lee on the computer and printed it on WW cardstock and diecut and embossed it with oval spellbiinder nestabilities. These cards are stamped with stampendous Fluffles the cat stamps and colored in with SU watercolor crayons and aqua painter after being stamped with black ink and set. The edges are embossed with rectangle spellbinder nestabilities to add a little something. I really like clean simple cards like this. I hope Grace likes it too when I give it to her. I don't think she reads my blog so hopefully it'll be surprise when she gets it at Christmas.
Did I also tell you I was one of those annoying people who makes gifts in advance? Believe me, my christmas cards that I started in July still will barely be finished by Christmas to send out. See the theme?

This is one of those glitter window cards using fashion statement stamp from couple years back from SU hostess set. Had to kill myself to earn enough to get the set but I really love this set- with my sister in lingerie design and lots of knitting friends- it gets a lot of use. The Real Red CS was cutterbugged- that is now an official word- with the polkadot embossing folder and hole punched out with 1 1/4 square punch. The image was stamped inside the square on a WW CS and then clear packing tape put over the window on the back side and dazzling diamonds glitter sprinkled on front.
Hard to see the glitter but very pretty in person. Then add a ribbon, button with red hemp twine and done.

No comments: