Monday, January 19, 2009

A Happy Heart all glittered

I love this set- those sweet dandelions blowing little heart- how can you stand it?

The base card is pink pirouette 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 with a 1 1/4" strip of DD paper from Love you much bundle across the bottom. The image is stamped in ridinghood red onto distressed very vanilla CS and mounted on distressed riding hood red CS. The hearts are from Love you much set also and punched out with the heart to heart punch- the sentiment is from the happy heart that I separated from the dandelion -which I found more useful- onto

vanilla CS with choc chip ink and sponged edge with ridinghood red. It's all mounted using dimensionals. Then I glittered the dandelions using 2 way glue pen and dazzling diamonds- again- more pretty IRL than in photo- dang!

I am coming along cleaning my room and I am starting to see the bottom on some small corners of my room. This is my "hot corner".
I got that heatgun rest a long time ago and that square thing is a piece of corian that I picked up at a flea market for a song that is pretty heat resistant so I don't mess up my
cabinet. I use the hot knife to cut my clingmount after I unmounted all my stamps from wood -

although now I am using the plastic storage sheets to make sure my stamps are going to last if I store them in the CD cases.
One of my downlines were trying to sell off her powder pal but I hate all that sprinkling on then pouring it back in with a brush- you know me- no time to waste!so I have my embossing powders and glitter all labels in glad disposable containers in a stack- large enough to put an A2 card into and use those slurpy spoon straws -cut so that the handle is squished in the lid - as to not have it fall into the powders itself and I just scoop and pour it over the image and let it fall back into the container- no brushing anything off anything-

I don't know if you find this helpful but this system worked better, cheaper and cleaner than anyting else I tried.

Thanks for looking!

Lynda

1 comment:

Makani said...

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! I love your new heat corner! Very nice.... Makani