Friday, February 6, 2009

Honeycomb Fiskars texture plate

I've had some Fiskars texture plates for a long time but had not been very happy with the impression it created so it sat on my shelf collecting dust. But I had just gotten my Stampin' Up texture impressions pad and the texture silicone rubber pad and gave it a try using the instructions on the mutipurpose platform for the sizzix texture plate. It took a little doing- my first try was not very good- the plates are shallower than the sizzix ones and it showed. I gave my mustard cardstock a fine mist of water using my stampin' mist bottle and used the shims and one extra cardstock as a shim and it turned out perfect!


It's just what this stamp needed. The hive and the bees are stamped in black and watercolored with watercolor crayons and aqua painter after black was set, cut out, glittered, and applied with dimenstionals.
This is what it looks like inside.
Again, much cuter and sparklier IRL.
Thanks for looking!
Lynda :-)

No comments: