Tuesday, February 24, 2009

a little trip to New York City and Hello Kitty

I had to make a trip out to NYC for a medical meeting and you know I can't help seek out the local stamp store. Out of that huge city the only one that stands out is the Inkpad in Greenwich village. It is a tiny- I mean by California standards, REALLY tiny but it has a lot of heart and unique stamps that you can't find in other places.

Here is picture of me with owner Anna.








This is one of the cards I saw there that I had to reproduce so of course I had to have the stencil to make it. Actually I saw this stencil before but I could not find it in any of my local stores....

My little sis Chris lives works in NYC so I had to hop over to her house in Jersey and she has also gotten the stamping bug so we had so much fun playing with all her stuff!

Patrick her computer whiz beau also expanded my blog width so it is not so skinny- THANK YOU PATRICK! Now you will have to wait until I have some time to tweak the title and the rest of the blog.

This card is made with double stick paper and stencil and glitter. If people want to know I can show how it is done.

We also went shopping at AC Moore- we don't have one of these where we live and they had the cutest Sizzix diecuts. Due to limited packing ability- I only brought a tiny carryon!- I only got one but I thought I could use it a bunch of different ways. I also played with Gabrielle, their 5 year old little girl- who is absolutely adorable with a real knack for crafting too!


So here is what we made. It's Hello Kitty Die from Sizzix, with SU cardstock, real red, pretty in pink, white, turquoise, using clear stamp from inkadinkadoo, real red craft ink, black glitter from Martha, and pink flock on the dress. Flower eyelets from memories. Embossing plate on the background from cuttlebug- It is a halloween one but how cute is this with this rocker.....

Love you sis!

Lynda

1 comment:

Alex said...

Aww what a great card - I just love Hello Kitty!

Thanks for sharing your creations.

Alex from England x