Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

When I was in Seattle, I learrned a watercolor technique that WOW'd everyone. It was a wet on wet watercolor technique using classic refills.
Take Fifth Avenue Floral and stamp in versamark on shimmery white CS and heat emboss using white embossing powder. It will look like this.


Place the CS in a waterproof container- here I used an extra stampcase and spritz heavily with water. I just use one of my empty stampin' Mist bottles clearly labeled as water so I don't get confused.


There should be pools of water to which you add drops of refill colors- I started with cameo coral then added pretty in pink, pixie pink, summer sun, rose red. Best to start light and add other colors in. It will flow into the water that is already there. Summer Sun muddies up the colors so play with it and see what you like.
I actually used an old CD to put drops of color labelling with a sharpie so I don't confuse the colors.

It may look funny but let it dry and it will look great. If you angle it up a tad while it dries, it pools the colors and that is pretty too.




This is the finished card with the rose cut out and mounted on Stampin' dimensionals. Regal rose CS base, white CS die cut with Top Note, Little Leaves diecut with Big shot -Kiwi designer paper and organza ribbon put through with slot punch. Sentiment is from a retired set from SU.
Happy Mother's Day to you all!
Lynda

p.s. Little Leaves IS the name of the die in the current SU catalogue page 200- check it out!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a lovely card! thanks for sharing the techniques. Can you tell me what die/punch you used for the leaves? love it.