Monday, June 22, 2009

Get well birthday pop up





























One of my stamping friends Lynne got really sick and had to be hospitalized the day before her birthday so I had to make her a card to commemorate both occasions and to hopefully cheer her up and make her laugh a little. The base card is SU good morning sunshine designer paper, stamped with little birdie told me sentiment and legs from Good Friend. The bird is stamped on whisper white CS with Pacific blue and tangerine orange and used dimensionals to mount it. Inside are the sentiments from the same little birdie set and Voila. It's the popup 3 tier cake from SU with a little patient in gown on top- called hospital visit from Katiebug stamp here at http://www.katiebugstamps.com/ I bought at the San Jose Rubberama years ago came in handy- again my obsession with images of real things even if whimsical- IV pole, bandaids- can't help it with my medical bent. My son Dylan was making rounds with me on her birthday and he sang her Happy Birthday in his sweet 4 year old voice in the ICU- it was a site to see. She's feeling a little better now and hopefully will be joining us in our stamping workshops soon.

No comments: