Sunday, September 13, 2009

Poppin' Pastel with Autumn Splendor


I like to showcase different techniques in my workshops and lot of my friends tell me that they never send out their cards so that they can remember how the card is done. So, I decided to have people make a technique card showing how something is done when they make the card that
they can look back on - a reference card.
This is the card we made showcasing the Poppin' Pastel technique. With the new Autumn Splendor stampset, it is just gorgeous.
For those of you new to this, stamp the image in versamark pad randomly all over the very vanilla CS. It may be hard to see but in certain reflective light you can see it. Take a dauber or sponge and pick up some color of Stampin' Pastel and pounce onto the image and the colors will just pop. I like to use variety of colors- here I used sage shadow, old olive, really rust, more mustard, chocolate chip. mounted it on sage shadow CS. I wrapped chocolate chip 1" double stitched grosgrain around and mounted the whole thing in chocolate chip.
I stamped the acornn in chocolate chip and used blender pen to color it in a bit. The poppin' pastel image was too soft for a good central image. Now mind you this was a card I was making up for the class that started at 6pm and it was already 4:30 and it just did not look RIGHT- you all know what I mean- something just is lacking and you just can't put your finger on it. I initially used the sage shadow scallop square but it looked too muted. I tried the chocolate chip and it somehow seemed to get lost on the ribbon. So since I already had both punched out I layered them but wanted the sage to show on both sides so I cut the scallop square diagonally and just split it up a tad and glued it behind the chocolate chip piece to create that layered look and I thought it looked somehow -better. Desperation IS the mother of invention!
It's a fun technique and I seem to dust the pastels off every year or so when the right image comes along and it is always a workshop wow.
Try it out!
Lynda

No comments: