Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thankful pumpkin

I can feel the nip of the fall in the cool mornings now and it feels more autumn.

I loved this stampset as soon as saw it and knew I wanted to use the Santa Image from this set for my Christmas card. It comes in a set of 3 in the new Holiday Mini and the valentine one is adorable if you see the sample with an adorable mailbox SU shows above in the mini catalogue as well.

At my last workshop someone asked me to do a punch card using some of the samples I have in my punch sample book. They particularly liked the pumpkin and I thought it appropriate for autumn card and this image.

The pumpkin is 5 large ovals punched out and sponged around the edges. The stem is word window cut diagonally. Ink the stamp using old olive pad then use versamark to remove ink from the leaves you want different colors then use the markers to color it in. It is easier and much cleaner image than if you color the whole thing with markers. Huff then stamp onto very vanilla CS. The green paper is from Cast-a- Spell. The skull image on the other side just is not ME and I like the subtlety of this side. The sentiment is retired SU. Mount the vanilla onto chocolate chip then pumpkin base CS.

Happy Fall y'all!
Lynda

No comments: