Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stampin' Up front row regionals- samples


I love going to Stampin' Up Convention and regionals held in various places around the US.
Last year for the Oakland, CA regionals, I met some terrific people on this trip which was unfortunately fraught with misadventure. First, I was so excited about it and could not sleep and then I- who NEVER oversleep- woke to a start to a phone call wondering where I was- so I dashed like mad after what I think is the shortest shower on record, to get out of the house to get there since I was supposed to be the driver!

Then on the way back home, we were rear ended by a speeding car that hit the car behind me in a slow moving traffic so had to stop to take statements and get the car checked out. My car was really no worse for wear, just a tap really but what a day it had been!

Out of all this I have met the most wonderful group of really talented demonstrators that share my passion for papercrafts and we try to get together monthly and it is the highlight of my month.

Stampin' Up this year did something called 'front row regionals' where they videotaped a regional meeting and you watched it at home- you buy the kits and do the make and takes and Annette hosted it at her home and it was a total blast and I learned some new tricks and technique which is alway fun.


These were some of the make and takes that we made with the kits we purchased using the make merry set from the mini catalogue and they were really easy to make and totally sweet. And I did not even use my stamp positioner!

I like the thoughtful matching envelope as well.

In case you are asking the ribbon is the back of the red polka dot grosgrain. Same ribbon is used on the next card vertically under the paper strip. So clever.....




Hope you like these samples. There is more, but I have to finish it my way and upload it for you.......

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Lynda

No comments: