Friday, November 27, 2009

Stocking Giftcard holder


Splitcoast Stampers website has challenges every week and for some reason I've never participated. But with pressures of time, I am finding that it is difficult to be original all the time. Sharing ideas and using it as a springboard for your own ideas is great fun. So I have resolved to participate more on the challenges which I hope will keep my creative juices flowing.
So here is my version of the TLC248 challenge to make a gift card holder using a stocking shape template. The top of the card flips opens to reveal the gift card inside. The template can be found here at: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469369
I used whisper white for base and top layer of the stocking. I stamped the snowman from Simple Seasonal Thanks and colored him in with red and bashful blue and pumpkin marker. Put tombow glue on the rim of the hat and put Martha's course glitter. I cut out the tips of the sarf overlapping the toe using the Hobby Blade and attached Christmas Cocoa specialty paper to the top and the toe tip. I stamped the gloves from Merry (retired from SU) with real red craft and heat embossed it with clear EP and stamped joy from the same set onto the heel patch piece in white -edge sponged with bashful blue- and glued it on the stocking.
Happy Black Friday- only 28 days to Christmas!
Lynda

No comments: