Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Altered Card


I had a little time to shop after Christmas and saw this glittery card at Papyrus and just loved it except I always make my own Holiday card and did not need to buy a Christmas card but still bought it just the same with the intention of using the glittery part for a slightly altered card and here it is.
I have also been cleaning out my supplies and decided to unmount a couple of my old Stampin' Up sets- this is called Botanical Gardens, retired now but still lovely. Stamped in Cotton Candy- also retired spectrum pad from SU - it has gradations of color that I love. the blank spaces are glittered with dazzling diamonds and it is subtly pretty although the glitter is again hard to see in a photgraph. Mounted on Chocolate chip and just let the background be the star of the card.

This is what the card looked like originally on the outside.


and on the inside.

I put a blank sheet of paper and stamped it with a sentiment from Well Scripted, one of the new sets available from Stampin' Up after January 5th in clingmount or wood! Hooray!
It is such a lovely font...... I put a fine line of glue around the edge of the paper and put some glitter on it to create a little definition.




This is the final card. I am making a gift set for some special people in my life and I will be including this in the set. Pretty easy to make. So if there is a ready made card you see that you like but make it your own, it is pretty easy to do as you can see. Try it out!
Lynda



No comments: