Monday, January 11, 2010

Fox and Friends


Stampin' Up has these really adorable wall decorations called Decor Elements that are vinyl, applied to the walls and then can be peeled off with no damage to the walls.
The images that came with matching alphabets were so darling I was really tempted to get them to decorate the boys' rooms. Then they came out with a stamp set to match in the new mini and I just ADORE them!
The monkey is just so darn cute. This is a template for a monochromatic card that Tami my upline had come up with and I used a variation on that to make a bunch of different cards and this is one of them.
Stamp an image ( here the monkey from Fox and Friends but any small- ish image will work) on the very vanilla CS, punch it out with 1 3/8 circle punch, layer with vanilla TEXTURED CS 1 1/2 inch square then another with 2" square vanilla- Easy to make a strip of 2" cardstock and snip off every 2 inches to make a whole bunch of squares to have to make a stack of these with varying images and sentiments.


Tie striped ribbon around a folded very vanilla base card and use dimensionals to attach the squares. Stamp a sentiment in coordinating color and easy peasy card that looks very pretty.
I thought this would be cute card for a new mom or baby so I was looking for some charms in my stash to dangle from the ribbon and saw the banana stamp from sock monkey stamp set so I stamped it on Shr*nky Dink with stazon then shrunk it with my heat gun thne colored it in with my Cop*cs (alcohol based marker- but it will work with regular markers and colored pencils before you shrink as well- although shrinking does concentrate the colors so test it out). I used some wire to make a jump ring to hook through some fibers of the ribbon so make sure you punch a hole in the shrinky D*nk BEFORE you shrink it and make it big since it will shrink too.
Lynda

1 comment:

Sheila Bennett said...

Very cute card. The specially-made shrinky-dink is a great finishing detail.