Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Very Thankful


I have so many wonderful people who support my stamping business despite my crazy life I needed to make some cards to let them know how much I appreciate them. But it needed to be simple and not too time consuming - I am sure most of you can appreciate this- so this is a quick and easy thank you using the Stampin' Up Ronald McDonald set.
It's called that because SU dedicates one set to raise money for the Ronald McDonald house every year and with each sale of this set $2 is donated to them- but it so darling and versatile, I love it even more.
Cardbase is whisper white cut so fold is at the top.
Stamp the image only in black stazon, and color in using blender pen and ink from squeezed dye ink pads. ( If you squeeze an unopened ink pad, some of the inke will go onto the lid of the inkpad and that can be used by the blender pen to pink up a little of the ink to use like a water color.) The hearts were inked with Melon mambo, the turtle shell with Bermuda bay and the turtle itself with Soft suede- following the color found in the DD paper accent.
I inked the heart from Sweetheart set in Melon Mambo, stamped off once and then stamped over the colored image to get a softer heart. I did the polka dot heart from I {Heart} heart on other cards to get a different look, which is really cute. ( This set proceeds go to the Haitian relief fund by the way). Pierce the corner to give something interesting into the corners without being too distracting using the mat pack and paper piercing tool.
Thoroughly Modern DD paper lines the bottom. Wrap a strip of Bermuda Bay polka dot ribbon around to end at the front under the sentiment. Stamp the sentiment only onto white CS then punch out using small oval then mount it onto the larger oval punched in Melon and mount the whole thing with dimensionals. I like angling the oval to get a more playful modern look to it. Hope you like it!
Lynda

No comments: