Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gift Certificate Holder


I have been playing with MDS for some time now and this was a gift certificate I made for a client that simple to do. Just open a new document, pick out the background paper you want, choose the square punch and change it to the size you want to create the center blank, added text, then added little buttons to each corner with a drop shadow. I have never had a program that was easier to use than MDS- and I have and tried to use Corel, and photoshop with a lot of frustration. This program is really intuitive and simple to use.

This is a holder I made for a gift certificate for a client who needed one for a friend's birthday. It is easy to make with one sheet of Cardstock.


I folded a sheet of pretty in pink CS and scored it at 3 5/8 and 7 3/8" on the long side then cut off about 1 1/2 inches from the last third. I wheeled It's beautiful wheel with versamark on the front then put iridescent ice embossing powder for a subtle shine. I added a length of ribbon down the center (used sticky tape to secure it in the front and back )then a strip of sending love DSP on the cover and the inside that I had left over from my heart project then punched half of a circle as shown to make it easier to pull out the certificate the sticky taped it down on the inside on the sides to create a pocket. Well scripted was used for the sentiment on the inside but that could be changed to whatever sentiment you need and color could be changed to whatever color scheme you like.
Lynda

No comments: