Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Stampin' Up is renovating their colors!


Have you heard? Stampin Up is revamping their color pallette with some great new colors being added and some old ones retiring starting with the new catalogue in July.
Some of my all time favorites are coming back - River Rock and Pink pirouette, Wild Wasabi and Ridinghood red. They are keeping the Melon Mambo and Soft Suede - my current go to colors- as well as rich Razzleberry.
I know a lot of people are upset about change but I have to say that there are these 48 colors and I have many that I hardly EVER use- try to match up yoyo yello with anything other than kid's cards with brilliant blue or orange and even then you need sunglasses, they are so bright. Ever since pumpkin pie came out, I rarely use only orange either so I can see that these new set of colors cover the rainbow spectrum and are really good colors for many applications. I love certainly celery so much that it covers my family room! My kids' bedroom is so saffron and rich razzleberry and Tyler's room is pretty close to Baja breeze. I am really looking forward to the new colors coming out and can't wait to have pink pirouette come back.
There will also be 5 new in-colors per year and they will be around for 2 years each so any one year after next will have 10 in colors to pick from which would be fun too.
I will miss creamy caramel and green galore, pixie pink, to name a few. I think I will stock up on some of my favorite color items before they disappear for good.
Current Colors that will Retire in June:
glorious green
green galore
gable green
yoyo yellow
only orange
pink passion
pixie pink
orchid opulence
lovely lilac
brilliant blue
close to cocoa
creamy caramel
really rust
ruby red
cameo coral
summer sun
bordering blue
brocade blue
ballet blue
taken with teal
handsome hunter
pale plum
blush blossom
apricot appeal
barely banana
mellow moss
sage shadow
almost amethyst
lavender lace
basic brown
going gray
Tell me what you think of it.
Lynda

No comments: