Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sweet Peas


I have been working on a little project for my twins. Their preschool is run by a wonderful woman who has an organic garden that the children participate in caring for that has berries, flowers and vegetables they use to feed their rabbit. I came home yesterday and found this little bouquet that Dylan made for me with sweet peas and daisies and it just made my day.
Funny thing is that I had been working on some cards for the teacher and had ordered the flower of the month Sweet Pea from PTI that I just received. I am not so familiar with sweet pea but knew she loved it so I will use these as color inspirations in the future. But this is what I had made. A very simple one layer card using the 110 heavy duty PTI cardstock wtih sentiment from the women of life set. It was colored with Cop*cs in the BV tones.
I just have to figure out how to resolve the issue with the color bleeding through the back on a one layer card- I may have to change it to 2 layers to accomodate this- yes, yes, me and my obsession for clean cards......
seriously, take time to smell the flowers- there are many lovely blooms out there.
My favorite lily of the valley are in bloom right now outside my back door.......
Lynda

No comments: