Thursday, May 13, 2010

Watercolor Trio One layer card


It is a real struggle for me to create simple one layer card- God knows I keep trying but it always looks like something is missing and I have to layer it with something else and then - not one layer any more. Getting that clean, simple but finished look is much more difficult than it looks.
I think this is my most successful one layer card so far- the new Watercolor trio from the summer mini makes it possible. I used watercolor crayons directly to rubber and spritzed it lightly with water- then stamped it a couple of times, respritzing between each stamping. It looks like the softest watercolor and it was really easy. Stamped the sentiment in black - Are these sentiment not the most gorgeous? I love how they mixed up the fonts- just perfect! Added some rhinestone crystals - line it up using the big holes using the mat pack- and voila- one layer card at last!

No comments: