Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Elements of Style Interchangeable message Gift Set


I took some well deserved R&R this week. I was so stressed from everything that was going in my life, I lost a bit of my mojo. It's amazing what a little cleaning up of your workspace and getting sleep does to your brain. I have ideas for cards coming out of my brain and I am jotting them down for some time later when I will have time to make them now that it is time to get back to work.
Inspiration challenge this week from SCS (IC238) was from Bicycle Muse and I found a pannier that inspired this set of cards. I thought a whole set of these would make a lovely gift set. Very Toile. I wrote to SU to ask if they can come up with a set of sentiments that could be used with one acrylic block and punch. They have not answered me yet but I love this idea. Make a set of blank cards that you can just add the sentiments to your liking. Add a set of stamps, with the matching punch and voila! a perfect gift to get someone started stamping.
The image was stamped in a variety of inks to match the cardstock. Wrap the coordinating ribbon around the card before mounting on the base cardstock. Diecut the tag from Matchbox XL die for bigshot. It fits the scallop oval and the now retired keytag punch perfectly as you can see.

This one is done with elegant cheer - another retired set.




This is what it could look like- a set of blank cards (maybe one finished one so the recipient would know how to finish it off ).
Punch a bunch of labels in different colors so they can choose what they want to put on it and slip them all inside a little envelope and include some embellishment ( the basic rhinestone jewels or pearls would be perfect for this application ).


No comments: