Friday, July 30, 2010

Owl Week- the graduate

When I was playing around with the owl punch, I realized that the larger eye circle looked like glasses when I made it in black so I had to make a graduate out of him/her. The color challenge on Splitcoast this week was Pear Pizazz, Daffodil and crushed concord CC281 and the sketch challenge was http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/card-sketches-f41/sketch-challenge-291-07-28-10-a-t500336.html The base is Crushed concord, with pear pizazz and old DSP from Stampin Up Saleabration years ago ( I am really trying to use up my DSP's that I have been hoarding for SO LONG!) but it was more saffron than daffodil, so I punched some flowers in daffodil- using non SU punch from long ago as well- with purple stickles in the center for some sparkle. The hat and the glasses handle were free hand cut. The A+ is from First Day set from the mini adn the congratulations from Perfect Punches from the new catalogue stamped in crushed concord on pear and daffodil CS and cut out or punched out.

I spent what seemed like a long time making that graduation cap, strung a purple waxed linen thread with a black brad and stuck a dimensional on it and in the middle of making my owl, it disappeared. Now I had an occasion when I was making some punch animals, a crucial piece I had cut out disappear, had to make a new piece, to find out later that it was stuck to my bottom of my pants! So I danced around like a dog chasing its tail, dropped on the floor to see if it fell, dragged through my garbage to see if I threw it out-




only to find it stuck on my mono adhesive handle when I flipped it over to glue something- ever have this happen to you?

I made me cackle at my own stupidity. Hope your day goes better than mine...... if this is any indication as to how it is going to go.


Lynda







2 comments:

Marla said...

You are definitely the "Owl Queen"! I love ALL of your owl creations. Can't wait to see the next one! Thank you for sharing your talent.

Laurie said...

Love your owls, have to have that punch. About your mishap, I have a sign in my office that reads..He who can laugh at himself will always be amused!! We all have those days.