Thursday, July 15, 2010

Studio Sketches




Do you why I am so drawn to stamping? I would have loved to study art but never had a real opportunity - with stamping I can create beautiful artwork without having any talent at all. When I saw Studio Sketches in the new catalogue I was so drawn to it. It was something I wish I could have drawn but all the work was done for me by the anonymous artist who created this.





The SCS challenge for today was WT279- chalk it up so I dug up my old stampin' pastels and used it to make this little card.

Base card is Cherry, dry embossed with vintage wallpaper using my bigshot then used versamark pad to ink up the raised images then chalked it with olive/celery combo to create wasabi color and bashful blue and other blues to create some marina mist colors to reflect the colors used on the inside (because I have not gotten my new inserts for the pastels yet! boohoo! )
I then took a pice of wild wasabi, pierced it with my piercing tool. I took the Studio Sketches image and stamped it on whisper white with versamark then chalked it up using variety of colors to mimic the colors used. I then distressed the edges- the image just called for it! - the mounted it on the marina mist cs and I added the vintage brads. The sentiment is old retired SU set - I think hostess- called Best yet-

No comments: