Monday, August 23, 2010

Makani's trinkets for F4A26 cards


Free for all challenge from splitcoast this friday was to mash it up using stamps from 2 different companies. Makani had brought over some brooches she had diecut using Spellb*nders dies and they were so pretty and I was trying to figure out how to use it.
I love the Thin Stripes Cover a Card stamps from Impression Obsess*on which is just HUGE and gives your basic cardstock the DSP look. I stamped river rock CS with same color ink to pair it with some Anna Griffin DSP I have been hoarding to create that feminine victorian look that the brooch diecut was crying out for. The center image is from an OLD retired SU set called gentler times. Tied the whole whitng with a vanilla satin ribbon that just finished the look.

The second card is done the same way but I reversed the center image to create a contrast between the copper and the silver foil . The sentiment is from Letters from a friend another old retired set from SU.
Any ornate punch with a central image would work well for this design. I plan to try it with the Decorative Label punch that is coming out with the holiday mini- can't wait to use it!
Lynda

1 comment:

Penny said...

Lynda,

I love your cards with the trinkets. How do you use the metal over a stamp? Can you give me more information? Thanks. pen50@comcast.net