Sunday, August 15, 2010

Owl Baby


I swear I only have a few more of these left to show you. I could not get this one out of my head though. I saw these cute carriages made of scallop circle at bunch of places- I honestly could not tell you where I first saw it but I thought it was darling. Then, of course the owl baby thing took over. Owl babies is a book I read to my boys when they were younger and one of our favorites so I could not help myself. The color inspiration came from the beautiful SU Sending Love DSP -Now retired- boohoo!- diecut with the large scallop using the big shot. The basecard is chocolate chip 5 1/2 square. Very Vanilla 5 inch square on top and stamped with sentiment from a retired SU set as well. I put a strip of vanilla under the pink satin ribbon to make it not show the pattern underneath and wrapped the ribbon around, added a button using a glue dot thne tied the ribbon and glue dotted that one as well. The handle is SU swirl scribbles sizzlet diecut used partially. The wheels are chocolate chip 1 1/4 inch cicle punched then 1" pretty in pink circle and the unknown company pink brads. The owl is punched from crumbcake with the belly punched out of the same DSP sending love but the backside of the carriage. The buttons are from an unknown company as well- the bag was unlabeled! The nipple on the bottle is from the now retired horizontal slot punch from SU as well- just goes to teach you to get what you need before these guys retired it! The wings are crumbcake punched with the scallop circle punch then cut in half to create the wings. Doesn't she look like an excited little baby asking to be picked up? I love this one....
Thanks for looking.
Lynda

4 comments:

Beate said...

Lynda,
your card is darling! I love how you created the image out of punched shapes.
Hugs and smiles

Bronwyn Eastley said...

So ..cute!

Susan Joyce said...

So.. sweet!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card!!!

Team Craftwell
blog.craftwellusa.com