Friday, September 17, 2010

CAS card


I try to make a thank you for my loyal friends and stamping clients for their orders but it has to be simple and easy to do given how many I have to make. This is a case from Twila Davis' card where she used 4 circles -2 regal rose in 1 3/8" and 2 chocolate on white- one of which was layered with a 1 1/4" white circle with an image stamped on it.
I played around and tried 1 " cicles which I liked in alterating colors and the sentiment from tiny tags punch out with the small oval punch from the new mini. The base is pink pirouette, and the circles are chocolate chip and baja blue. The faux stitching is from an old stampset from CTMH that I stamped with SU Craft white. I heat embossed it with white EP and it seemed more realistic- ddn't think of this until most of the cards were made.....oh well.
I thought about texturing the base card or scoring some lines to make the circles more prominent but I really had to resist my urges - ultimately I really wanted the card to be a real clean and simple card.
This is a really good layout for 3 color scheme and any sizes of circles ore even squares!
Try it out!
Lynda

No comments: