Monday, September 20, 2010

A Good find and good bye to Cornish heritage farms

There was a used stamp sale at one of the local stamp shops and I had to chance to run over and pick up some deals- this one may not have been the best deal but I liked it- a pack of 50 envelopes and 25 folded kraft cards and and a pack of 50 pieces of coordinated window layer in riding hood red for $8 - not cheap but not a bad price to pay- I liked the clean cut windows I certainly would not have been able to cut as neatly on my own.

I had several ideas in mind- this one is one using the Cornish heritage farm stamp Ball jar flowers


that I have had forever and it just fit that window perfectly. (Sadly they are going out of business and none of these are available now so I don't think SU can complain that I am promoting other company's business at least for these guys. They used to make fantastic back ground stamps, Thomas Kinkade and some limited edition GM and elvis stamps that were pretty cool)

I need to make some cards for some a gift package I am making and this would be just perfect for that I thought. I rand the window piece with the square lattice embossing folder. Took another piece of vanilla cardstock and stamped the image in black
and colored it in using the blender pen using the lid of the classic pad watercolor technique with daffodil, pink pirouette, rich regal, old olive, celery and baja and bashful blue to make the water color look.

I colored the water with B32 Copic and R01 pinke for the subtle pink background then added a layer of crystal effects to make the jar shiny like glass.
I layered the vanilla CS behind the window and cut out some of the details and put it over the window to make the image more 3 D.





You can see the details of the out of the box technique here.









I added a piece of ribbon but it looked too plain- so I tied a linen thread around the right side bottom to add a little simple interest and taped it around the back to make this simple card- it really was a 10 minute card- it only took overnight for the crystal effects to dry though!
I have some more with this idea to show you so check back tomorrow!
Lynda




No comments: