Saturday, September 11, 2010

What a week!
I hadn't had a moment's time to stamp with just goings on of everyday life and Friday I have had it- there was an incident that tip me over the edge and I came home all boiling over mad - I knew I had to enter the Zen stamping Zone- does it ever work! I was thinking about this layout and that layout and soon, I felt so much more peaceful. How can you be mad when you are creating something so cute?

The challenge on splitcoast for Friday Free for all:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/free-all-f45/f4a29-circles-rectangles-09-10-10-a-t505497.html was this layout so I changed up the card I designed for my workshop and you know what? I think I may like it even better!

The base card is Pumpkin Pie which I stamped the bats from Wicked Cool set at the top.

The center image is from Greeting Card Kids stamped in stazon black onto shimmer paper (although hard to see here- takes color better than whisper white for watercolor or Cop*c type applications) then colored in with concord, pumpkin pie and various greens using blender pen with the ink lids. I punched it out with the new 2 1/2 inch circle punch then used the number 2 scallop bigshot die to cut a large scallop in Crumbcake.

I used the 2 way glue pen to add the champagne glass glitter around the edges. A layer of Crushed Concord, embossed with the spider web folder - the coolest!- followed by a piece of whisper white that I wheeled the Stripe builder wheel in celery twice, added Raven 1/2 inch lace trim in the middle.

The center image was layered using dimensionals to make it pop then added few bats punched out with the new bat punch that I added using the stcky stip but just along the core leaving the wings to flap up and down.


This is the deatil on the bats, glitter and the ribbon.












This is the detail on the spider web.




This is the original card that I had people make at my workshop - same idea but turned around and added a strip of dotted scalloped ribbon punched in celery which I thought was darling as well.
Enjoy!
Lynda

1 comment:

Cecelia said...

Super cute card! This is one of my favorite sets as well;0) Making some Christmas cards as we speek...:0)

Hugs
Cecelia B