Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A bouquet of flowers

I had left over 1 1/4 circles and a small oval that was punched out in red CS and you all know how I hate to waste anything so I spiral cut them and dropped a little pearl in the center, set them on top of the leaves from the xtra large bird punch, (Trina Kuriger did a versions of this that I loved on Stampin Connection- website for demos only) tied them up with a 1/8 inch ribbon and voila simple cards made from left overs.

I did want to make a frame around the flowers so I used the square lattice EF to selectively emboss the oval area around the center- previously shown here. http://stampingdoc.blogspot.com/2009/10/embossing-selective.html

I just used a balsa wood oval frame - less than $1 at M*chaels- Then I wanted to make it simpler for my workshop and I had seen punched flower on the success magazine (monthly publication for SU demos only) where they used the itty bitty shapes punch to make flowers with a pearl in the center and I just loved it so I changed it up a bit and this is what my "girls" made.











The punched flowers are rubbed with the stylus to make a bowl shape over the spongy piece of mat pack (a mousepad or any slightly soft surface will work too)
I used the saleabation set So Happy for you for the sentiment- which you can substitute for any other saying in the set as it all fits perfectly.
Change up the color of the flower and the ribbon and you can make it for lots of different occasions. Almost a single layer, eh?
A variation on this will be posted tomorrow - so check it out.
Lynda

No comments: