Friday, June 8, 2012

butterfly punch trick on Field Flowers gift tags

 There are a lot of people I needed to thank for helping my kids at school.  The teachers go without saying and all the other teachers and special people who are there to help.

My favorite gift for these and other occasions are R&J Toffees. They have this pound bags that are already packed so beautifully and they are SO delicious and last forever in the refrigerator. I found them at a local farmer's market and now I am seeking them out whenever I need a quick gift.

I did want to personalize it a little though so I took an extra large shipping tag and stamped Field Flowers in Calypso coral - masked the flower to stamp the stems in Wild wasabi and stamped the sentiment (retired SU) Sincere salutations in expresso. Sponged the whol thing and tied it with a matching cord with a message on the back.
I wanted to add a little butterfly but did not feel like cutting out a gazillion of these and I did not want a just diecut butterfly- I wanted it to LOOK like a butterfly with an image on it.

So I took the Kindness matters butterflies, stamped it in Baja Blue on white then used an old MS butterfly punch to punch out what it fit- see image on left and it looked darling. One of the little ones fits the little butterfly too if you want to try it out for yourself.  Isn't it cute?

Lynda

5 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

How awesome!!! Great find!

I just ordered the new SU butterfly punch and I'm looking forward to using it! (and all the other stuff too, lol!)

Winnie said...

Such a beautiful tag. Love the soft look and the butterflies. It is such a great way to package a gift. (I love tofee...that is great you found a local place that makes it..)

Carole said...

I love the soft pretty look of this tag. You do such gorgeous work!

There is an award for you on my blog:)

Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Carole

Hank hendricks said...

How you add the little butterfly to it? you give it a soft touch.

Send gifts to pakistan

Usman Hadi said...

Will you design for my Scratch Card .You are excellent designer!