Thursday, May 2, 2013

This and That - my version

I spent the whole morning playing with my This and That book and my Epic day kit.  The papers are gorgeous and I wanted to cover the whole front so I drew a line and where the holes were and just glued it in place with the lovely blue DSP with all those lovely saying on it.  I did want to use some left flower over from Artisan embellishments kit and the metal frame to frame the word creative on the DSP but it was a tad small so I put the sticker "for the record" inside and put the ribbons, flowers and pearl .  I just love it.   The DSp is gorge! and the stickers are really fun! I just got the package because you get a deal on it and all the coordinating products made it really easy to put it together.

I took some 5 1/2 x 4 inch sheets from several different papers and folded 1/4 inch on 3 of the sides to make a pocket to fit inside some of the pages. I wanted to make 12 pockets for each month of the year- to add receipts for that month- but it could hold cards for the birthdays on that month etc.  You get the idea.
I used round tab punch to punch out labels using the same blue DSP as the front cover that was left over and added the number stickers to make it easier to flip to what I wanted.
I added some punched butterflies, stickers etc to decorate some of the pockets and pages.
I added little round circles using brads and linen thread to make closures for the 2 envies that came with the book. I thought  I could store postage stamps and address labels.

I had so much fun playing with this I hope you do too.







3 comments:

Louise said...

Good Morning!

How did you get the paper around the spiral wire?

Very Nice!

Lynda said...

I sort of free handed it- Took the paper edge right next to the spiral and put a dot where I thought the hole should be and marked it lightly with a pencil then used a hand hole punch to punch holes all the way down. I did punch one hole at the bottom and see how far from the edge I needed to be first. Snipped the little line to slide in the paper. I did a dry run and when I thought it fit well, used my tombow mono multi all over the back to glue it down.

Louise said...

Thank You!