Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Conventions Swap

 I have a swap with my upline's downline group and the requested was it be a full card that could be demo'ed at a workshop so this is my card.  Embossed the Coastal Cabana Cardstock using the new very "in" Alphabet Press EF part way as shown.  I am also in love with the Tape It set that mimics washi tape.  The tag from the Notable Notions set matches the Chalk Talk dies perfectly and would you not know it? My favorite sentiment from the Yippee-skipee set fits inside perfectly.  Stamp the tapes using Smoky Slate, Calypso coral and the sentiment using the same color markers adn cut it out.
The tag is stamped using Coastal Cabana too- better to stamp the sentiment and then center the tag image around sentiment then diecut.

Now I made a bunch of these ribbons copying the idea from page 152 of the catalog but the center was too much of a pain to make and I did not have the matching DSP in Coastal Cabana so I made my own.
You need a three inch strip and 2 inch strip of 1/2 CS strips with the Tape It image stamped in center- the side parts get tucked under so you can't see it anyway so don't worry.  Fold then in half and free cut them as shown.  Use multimono on each of the 2 block dots and fold over to make the ribbon body.  Use Glue dot to adhere the back part of the ribbon to the paper clip - the glue dot peeks through the paper clip, sticking to the ribbon body.  Use glue dot to stick on the button from Notable Notions set stamped in Calypso coral and punched out using 1/2 circle punch.  Just attach to the tag using the clip and mount the tag with dimensionals .  This card just feels so "summer" with its beach colors.  Love It!

No comments: