Thursday, March 27, 2014

MyPaperPumpkin March 2014

I love all the gold in this pack!

These are some of the cards I made using the March kit I received this month. 


Hard to see maybe but I used the the Gold Metallic Encore inkpad to directly apply some gold ink to the wooden pieces to make them extra gold. 
The envelope liners were so pretty and would be just wasted inside the envelope bottom, so I cut off about 3inches off the bottom to use on the cards themselves.  Now this is a trick I learned from my artisan friend Mercedes- to use the angles in the hexagon punch to make the banner bottom - it makes for a less harsh angle then the square punch-   See, Mercedes?  I really did think it was clever..... I was not being sarcastic!  

I would use a gently hand in applying the gold foil paper to your project though- liquid glue like tombo multipurpose shows through with lumps unless you smear it evenly on the back.  If you press too hard on the SNAIL it can show through as well so use gentle pressure to leave as little indentation as possible.  I scattered the gold shimmer dots- which are self adhesive around and tied the gold bakers twine which amazingly cost the same as the regular bakers twine to add extra sparkle....  I actually liked the card even without the stamping- oh so not me to say that but this time I think it is true- like the stamps that came with the set though for something more geometric I think.  I do need some occasion to send the congrats cards though....

No comments: