Tuesday, March 18, 2014

So many birthday........Banner money holder

Another birthday approaches and another money holder needed.  Kids now a days seem to not want presents or even gift cards - my kids tell me cash is best since it is not restricted to any one store.
So I used money as template- this is
8 1/2 x 7 inches Real Red CS.  ( I like to make templates based on 8 1/2x 11 cardstock)  scored at 2 1/2 and 7.
Ise the envelope punch board at 3 1/2 to make oh so professional looking dent in the center to make pulling out the money easier-- remember the days we did this with a circle punch?  not quite sure where the center was and getting it a little wonky?   screwed up no more - another use for that ever indispensable envelope punch board! )
I took a piece of  2 5/8 x 6 3/4 piece of Crumbcake CS to decorate the front and stamp the sentiment from Sweet Essentials stampset.

I diecut the Summer smooches DSP (retired) that I had left over from last year using the Banners Framelits die- you can cut 3 sheets of DSP at a time because it is thinner than CS-  so this gets really easy- diecut a bunch and you will have ready made envies for all those occasions-   I used a strip of CSP on the inside to accent it and  low enough to peek-a-boo to the front- tied the linen thread and used buttons left over from last year's sale-a-bration packs and voila- easy peasy money holder a special someone's birthday....

No comments: