Sunday, June 15, 2014

Something for Baby Father's Day Card


 When I saw the dies that came with Something for Baby set I envisioned this card with the man's shirt made with the baby onesie die.  It's perfect for a father's day card or any man's card- Hawaiian print or any print will work.  I originally made this shirt with a white CS and my DH said it looks collegiate/ preppie so I changed it to Smoky Slate to make it more manly.  The base card is Smoky slate with a piece of Night of Navy embossed with Stylish Stripes EF.  Another piece of Smoky Slate with a Blackberry Bliss on top.   The tie is diecut using the Moonlight paper stack. Actually I wanted the
stripe pattern for the tie and the DSP is how I chose the colors the card turned out. 


This is the template for the shirt.  I first cut the waist as shown then used paper snips to cut straight up the sides of the crotch to make the pocket ( it's the perfect width! and I like the slight curve on the bottom)  then folded the paper in half to make symmetrical collars from the curves of the leg ( the collar is a bit too tight for a man's shirt but the curves of the legs are really perfect).
 This is how it goes.  The collar on the right is from the piece cut from the left side of the leg (I put them side by side so you could see where it came from).
I stamped the image from Label Something set using Blackberry Bliss and punched it out with Modern label punch.  The Happy Father's day is from Teeny Tiny Wishes using Night of Navy inkpad. 

It would be really cute with a small Rhinestone jewel as a tie tack, too.

Time to Play!
Enjoy...
Lynda

No comments: