Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Lily of the Valley Sympathy Cards


One of my partner's daughter passed away - she was about my age and it really impacted him.  I cannot imagine what it must be like to lose a child.  I wanted to make a card for him and his daughter's family so this is what I made.

The sentiment is from Brighter Tomorrow (Stampin' Up retired) and from PTI. The Lily of the Valley die is from Memorybox and the curlycue on the ends are from Cuttlebug.

Base card is Blackberry bliss with a layer of Pear
 Pizazz.  The whisper white layer was embossed with the tulip embossing folder for the tall card on the top and bottom.  The sentiment was stamped with Blackberry bliss.  The stems and leaves were diecut using Pear Pizazz cardstock.  The Twinkle bell flowers were diecut from whisper white and I used the dauber to add a touch of Pear pizazz around the edges.

On the long card  I added a knot of whisper white 5/8" organza ribbon to the base to anchor the flower.

This is a detail of the flowers on the long version of the card. 
I hope they find it comforting.

No comments: