Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Card for a special friend


 One of my friends was recently diagnosed with metastatic cancer and told she would have about six months to live.  I was so shocked because she is one of the most loving, most full of LIFE person you could ever meet and it seems really UNJUST to have her be the one with such a short life left.

I thought of this card and fidgeted with it over and over.  I wanted to let her know I was thinking of her and wanted to spend some time making it so it kept growing to what you see on the left.
Those of you who have followed me know how much I do not like to use scissors but here it is.  This is the most scissor work I have ever done on a card but it is little compared to what she is going through.
 I stamped the background on Sahara Sand- my new neutral and stamped it with the dictionary background with baked brown sugar.  Although the blenderabilities is no longer available, I loved that we could stamp the image with the Baked brown sugar pad and the inks did not run.  I stamped the leaves with Old Olive and thne cut out the oval and left the overhang out of the oval so I could free hand cut it.
 I used blenderabilities to color the flowers and the leaves but the colors were pretty dark so I only used the light color and then used the Color Lifter to take away some of the color to create the reverse shadow.  I wanted to have some texture on the white cardstock on top but I had already stamped the flowers so what to do?  I took the woodgrain EF and laid it down on the table and used the Simply Scored stylus to follow the grooves along the card avoiding the areas that I had stamped and colored ( a light box would have helped a lot eh?) then I added a little baby pearls to the center of the stamen.
 Stamped and diecut the butterfly and stamped the sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts on a strip of whisper white and layered it over a strip of old olive, put a little pearl on each of the corners.

Maybe it's true that God wants back his most precious people but I guess selfish me wants to keep her here a little longer.

Praying for a miracle.
Lynda


No comments: