Friday, April 8, 2016

Botanical Garden Gold and white cards and a great idea

I was at Michael's few months ago and they had their best buys- this box of 60 cards and envelopes for sale for $5.  I couldn't pass it up. The envelopes are paper thin and cheesy but man - a gold card and envie for 10 cents?

Anyhow in the pack were these really cheesy white heart with LOVE printed on it.  There really is no one I could possible send these to as it stood but there had been really pretty black  and white stripe cards I had seen.  When I layer cards and have to cut the cardstock to size there are always 1/2 inch strips left over that I keep and these left over 1/2 inch whisper white strips were perfect for this purpose.

Stamped the sentiment from Rose Wonder stampset in black.
This was the original cards that I put strips of white on.
I have to give credit to Gayle, one my Stamp-n-chat friends who brought a bunch of pieces diecut already in a container like this so we can pick and choose what we wanted and I thought it was brilliant.  So with all the little scraps of paper that I have I have been just diecutting all the pieces from the Botanical Gardens suite so I can make bouquets in a jiffy.  Love It!
So making all these cards were just a snap.  Just pulled some flowers are and laid them down.
With the gold stripes I wanted to add a little touch of gold sparkle so with little left over Gold Glimmer paper I punched out little 1/8 inch circles.

The flowers and leaves were mounted using dimensionals or the green Multipurpose glue - depending on whether I wanted the depth or not.  Leaves were stamped with Mossy Meadow - the white flower was sponged with the dauber with Calypso coral and the little gold circle added to the center.
This is just another variation on the same idea.
So all those little tiny pieces of cardstock, before you throw it away, see if you cut a few pieces of flower or center or whatever out of it.

No comments: