Friday, June 23, 2017

Magical Mermaid


Splitcoast WT641 challenge was to make a Sea Worthy Card. I just got this set and though should make a card with it.  With the mermaid looking back, I wanted her to look at the sunset  while she was in water- so how to make that effect....
I took a thick whisper white CS and watercolored the top with daffodil and the bottom with pool party and stamped the seaweeds with Memento Black.  Make sure to let the part you do first dry well before doing the second part- I did the sunset sky first and then did the pool party sea.

I took a smaller second sheet of water color paper and stamped the seaweed on it .  I wanted to make sure I had similar horizon lines on both sheets.  I stamped the mermaid on a separate scrap sheet of whisper white, colored it in and then used clear Wink of Stella to add glimmer to her hair and the fishtail. I then put a color of pool party over the body to look like she was in water.  Color in the seaweed and stamp the sentiment in Black.

It still looked like she was just floating in air so I took a piece of clear window sheet and cut it to put over the water part and now it really looks like she has her head out of the water.  I put Tombow multipurpose glue (in the little green bottle) it dries clear so I put a fine layer of glue over the mermaid that was under the water and that is what holds the window sheet on the card.

Now all I need is  a forward facing mermaid, Stampin' Up!

No comments: